Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Another Texas Tuesday!

Another Texas Tuesday! Hope everyone is enjoying this cooler Fall weather, although yesterday afternoon felt more like Summer had returned. This week my mojo was on vacation and I had a hard time getting what I wanted done.  Something told me to do more to this card but I didn't want to gussy it up any more so I quit while I was ahead.  I started out to make a tribute card to the Singing Cowboys in old western movies.  I found this cowboy silhouette on the Silhouette website, thought it was cool, so I downloaded it.  I also found a die cut of barbed wire and got that too.  The more I looked at the cowboy, the more it reminded me of a modern-day singer from Texas.  Can you guess who?  How about George Strait.  And he's a real Texas cowboy - he rides, he ropes, and he sings.  So I guess this is my tribute to George Strait card.  I used a kraft card base and grunged up the edges a bit with some Memento Rich Cocoa.  I added a strip of Tim Holtz tissue tape for some musical whimsy and a bit of barbed wire in the upper right corner.   Other than the tape, it's all cardstock from my stash.  I couldn't find a sentiment that worked for me, so I left that off. (Sorry Mark.  Reminder to me - get more Deadbeat sentiment stamps!) 
I try to keep a good selection of pre-cut card bases on hand, so I grabbed one of those in the kraft color.  I pulled out some black and cut out the cowboy, then some white for the barbed wire.  I don't know about you, but I've never seen white barbed wire, so I figured I could color it a bit with Copics.  I chose C3 (Cool Gray No. 3).  Now that I think about it, I've never seen silver barbed wire either - most of what we have around here is just plain old rusty.  But the gray seemed to go with the card.  So there you have it.  Thanks for dropping by for a peek.  Everyone have a great Texas Tuesday.

3 comments: