Sunday, February 21, 2010

I tried a new project!


I tries something new this weekend. I used Glimmer Mist and Ranger Distress Ink to make a small album. I'd been wanting to try this for sometime now and decided this was the time to dive right in. I'd used Glimmer Mist before but not on anything more than flowers and an occasional card. I have to say this project was fun. I used a Nature packet of chip tiles by Tattered Angels for the basic book. I distressed each page using a sponge dauber (I couldn't find my fat brush! Guess that means I will have to go shopping! Again! LOL!) then spritzed away with Coffee Shop and Wheatfields Glimmer Mist. Added some Prisma flowers with large brads for the centers. I had white brads, but added color with my Copics to match the color scheme on the book. I think some nice sepia reprints of old family pictures will complete the project. Let me know what you think if my first attempt at this technique. Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Unfortunately it's back to work tomorrow and playtime will come to an end for a few days.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice! I bet in person it is even more beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete