Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day


Happy Father's Day! I was able to say that to my dad until I lost him in 1995. This is a great day to remember the fun we had while I was growing up. We would sit on the front porch and read the Sunday Comics - Dagwood was one of his favorites. He taught me to recognize the different makes of cars and by the time I was 4, I could tell a Chevy from a Ford or a Dodge! In '53 he and mom bought a lake lot and with the help of a lot of uncles and aunts built a cabin. We had such good times! I learned how to drive at age 7 - in a '54 Chevy PU with a clutch pedal that seemed to be a mile long. Dad made sure I could go up hill without stalling the engine and rolling back into the lake. We fished together - my husband is amazed that he married a woman who knows how to clean a fish! I'm proud to say that I live in that little corner of paradise today. Although we bought the lot next door and built a larger home, the little cabin still stands to this day. It has been designated a storage building now, but when I look it I can still hear the laughter and remember the good times we had there. Life does go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment