Sunday, February 7, 2010

A Muse Colorful Challenge



After getting the Chrysanthemum stamp at yesterday’s A Muse class, I knew I would have to use it for this challenge. When I dove into my paper drawer, I discovered I was out of my Papaya note cards, but I did have the required Sky Blue and Orange Crush colors on hand. I substituted some S-U So Saffron paper for the Papaya, Also added a bit of the orange petite gingham paper for some texture and a strip of S-U ribbon for contrast. Chrysanthemum colored using Copics ( YG25, Y15, YR65, BG10). A Muse sentiment stamped with Memento Potter’s Clay ink.



After making the Chrysanthemum card, I found I liked the color combo so much I decided to make a second card. I used a Martha Steward punch for the flowers, with buttons by Li’l Davis Designs for the centers. The scalloped edge punch is S-U. Sentiment by A Muse, of course!

5 comments:

  1. Both are super cute!! I love that Martha flower punch. Don't have it....but now...I just might need to shop...AGAIN! ;) The colors for the chrysanthemum are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Karen! Love the colouring on the chrysanthemum - beautiful! I had a hard time with this one - you did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both of those cards. My fav has to be the second one. Love the punched flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen - these are marvelous! Amazing job coloring the chrysanthemum and the layouts of both are perfect. Very cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like both cards. The colors are really great and I'm longing for anything spring right now.

    ReplyDelete